View Single Post
Old 05-01-2009, 11:44 AM

Here are some verses to show your friends.

Rom 10:17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God. 18 But I say, Have they not heard? Yes verily, their sound went into all the earth, and their words unto the ends of the world. 19 But I say, Did not Israel know? First Moses saith, I will provoke you to jealousy by them that are no people, and by a foolish nation I will anger you. 20 But Esaias is very bold, and saith, I was found of them that sought me not; I was made manifest unto them that asked not after me. 21 But to Israel he saith, All day long I have stretched forth my hands unto a disobedient and gainsaying people.

OK, how do you get faith to receive Jesus as your Saviour? You must hear the Word of God. This does not mean to simply hear the audible sound, it means to geniunely listen and take God's Word to heart, to trust and believe his Word.

Rom 10:10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

You know, when my son was about 2 years old, he kept trying to reach up and touch a lightbulb on a lamp. I said, "Don't touch that, its very hot!" He dropped his hand but slyly smiled at me and reached up again. Again, I told him not to touch the light, because it was very hot and would burn him. He dropped his hand again, then again gave me a sly little smile and reached up to touch the light. This time I said, "OK, go ahead and touch it.". He did touch the light with his finger and immediately screamed in pain, and ran crying to his mother. She of course came in and wanted to know what happened, and I explained that he kept trying to touch the light, and that I had repeatedly warned him it was hot and would burn him, but that he wouldn't listen, so I allowed him to touch the light.

So you see, my son heard me. You should have seen his little devious smile, it is amazing how intelligent a small child can be. He knew quite well he was defying me, and even delighted in it. He heard my words, but he did not believe he would come to any harm. Well, he learned the hard way that Dad was telling the truth, and never again attempted to touch a light bulb that was on.

And you see that in Rom 10:21. God's had been diligently (all day long)stretching out his arms and calling Israel to himself. He was drawing every single one of them. But they refused to listen and come to him and so were not saved.

So, you can be drawn but not saved.

Last edited by Winman; 05-01-2009 at 11:59 AM.