View Single Post
Old 01-20-2009, 10:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bro. Parrish View Post
Listen, for the sake of your marriage, the two of you might want to seek out a Bible believing church and ask the pastor for some private marital counseling. You are the head of the home and you need to take leadership in this. This might help your wife make a shift from her current posture. I have seen this save many marriages and make stronger couples too. A few hours with an experienced pastor who believes the Bible can often make a big difference in a marriage.
What if my wife refuses this to. See, she grew up in a family situation that causes two problems. They taught her that whatever beliefs she has spiritually are okay. So obviously, she thinks religion in general is stupid. Also, her mom has had mental "issues" for a while. Her mom's bi-polar, agoraphobic, and a couple of other phobias. Also, her biological father abandoned the family when she was very young (like 2 or 3), and her step dad was a drunk cheat. The family counseling thing was tried and failed. So now she doesn't believe in counseling either. Going to a pastor for counseling...well, I doubt she'll even consider it.