View Single Post
Old 01-09-2009, 05:41 PM

Default Re: "Psalm 12:7 - the Promise of Preservation"

Lewis (llthomasjr):

Quote:
"1. Diligent....

John Gill was one of the most seasoned hebrew expert of his day. He wrote extensively about the hebrew language. He wrote about Psalms 12:7

thou shalt preserve them from this generation for ever; or "thou shalt preserve him" (p); that is, everyone of the poor and needy, from the wicked generation of men in which they live, from being corrupted or intimidated by them; and who are described in the beginning of the psalm. Some take these words to be a prayer, "keep thou them, O Lord, and preserve them", &c. (q); and so the following words may be thought to be a reason or argument enforcing the request.

(p) תצרנו "custodies eum", Pagninus, Montanus, Gejerus, Michaelis; so Ainsworth. (q) "Custodi eum", Tigurine version, Vatablus, "custodito eorum quemque", Junius & Tremellius, Piscator.

He say that the text says "him" and not "them". He give the reasoning of such when be speaks of "custodies eum"

Are you saying that John Gill is wrong.

2. Did not our Lord say.

John 12:8 For the poor always ye have with you; but me ye have not always.

How can you say that our Lord is wrong and that the poor are not preserved?

I am interested to read your responses.

Sincerely
Lewis
"
You are neither truly "sincere" nor are you genuinely "interested" in Diligent's response! You are simply one more "Christian" Sophist that is looking for an argument and showing off your supposed "knowledge" about an issue. If you were a "seasoned" sophist you would know better than to spell the word Hebrew - ("hebrew"), since even the most "unseasoned" NOVICE knows that you always CAPITALIZE the word Hebrew!

For your information: John Gill (or any of the other numerous Reformers) is not a genuine Bible believer's "FINAL AUTHORITY"! He certainly is NOT my "final authority"! John Gill may be your "final authority" (which is your privilege and prerogative), but when you twist someone else's words to say something that they DID NOT SAY - you reveal just exactly the kind of person you are (A GENUINE SOPHIST!)

I have known Diligent for over 15 years and he would NEVER, I REPEAT, NEVER say what you have twisted and wrested his words to say!

Lewis' Quote:
Quote:
"How can you say that our Lord is wrong and that the poor are not preserved?"
I can suffer a lot of different people, but a word twisting "Christian" who is a Sophist and a liar, is someone I cannot bear!

If you cannot produce the exact "quote" (i.e. the very words) that you say (claim) Diligent has said - I would suggest that you go back to whatever hole (Forum) you crawled out of and return as quickly as you can. Because "Christian" Sophists don't do very well here.

I have been aware of your argument (John Gill's & many other "seasoned" Hebrew "experts") about Psalms 12:6 & 7 since 1969 (some of us weren't "born yesterday"). I rejected his position then, as I still do today!

John Gill was wrong then, and all who have followed him since then are wrong! Believe what you want - it's a "free country" (for a little while longer), but don't try to "bulldoze" your way onto this Forum with lies (misquotes) and misrepresentations of what other people have said, and expect to get a warm Christian welcome or the right hand of fellowship, because I for one cannot abide someone who is so dishonest as to misrepresent and misquote a fellow Christian!