View Single Post
Old 10-13-2008, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diligent View Post

The problem is, we have this tradition that says "salvation always the same." At its core, it is, but not by the faith of Christ. Salvation granted by doing what God says to do. God told Adam, Noah, Abraham, Moses, etc to do different things. God told Israel to do animal sacrifices. And if they didn't do them, they'd not be saved.
Thanks for your clear response.

It's the last statement that prompts me to ask:

Was salvation actually granted by doing? Or, was salvation (deliverance whether it be physical or spiritual) granted by believing God, which in turn resulted in obedience (doing)?

I've always thought "belief" in God's particular word, command, or instruction alone is the instrument for deliverance and for pleasing God, regardless of the dispensation--past, present, or future?

Was it faith alone, which resulted in genuine works? Or was it faith plus works when combined, that provided deliverance? It seems logical and obvious that it required both, I know. And I think that's what you're saying. But doesn't genuine faith result in genuine obedience and action? Isn't faith, therefore, the principle truth that provides the salvation?