Thread: New Wine?
View Single Post
Old 10-12-2008, 05:19 PM

By Here Am I

Quote:
Brother, you've made your point, many times over. Let the Lord work now, He's quite capable of pricking the conscience of those who are not doing as He would have them
Amen and amen Here Am I. My Lord is the only one who can convince and convict the errent. And so after this post I will no longer post on this thread. This post is definitely threadbare.

BC and Linda, I write to you as one since you are one. It is good that in this matter you are of one mind as it would be very difficult for the other half if one did not believe so, you would indeed be putting a stumbling block before eachother.

Colossians 2:16 Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days:

Colossians 2:20 Wherefore if ye be dead with Christ from the rudiments of the world, why, as though living in the world, are ye subject to ordinances,

Colossians 2:21 (Touch not; taste not; handle not;

Colossians 2:22 Which all are to perish with the using); after the commandments and doctrines of men?

Touch not = touch not, taste not = taste not, handle not = handle not.

Proverbs 23:31 Look not thou upon the wine when it is red, when it giveth his colour in the cup, when it moveth itself aright.

Proverbs 23:32 At the last it biteth like a serpent, and stingeth like an adder.

Look not = look not in my book = means look not

And besides; Look not thou makes it rather personal. If My Lord tells you not to because if you look long enough it will bite you and put you in the gutter and eventually kill you to spiritual things and bring you bodily death, then "look not thou upon the wine when it is red".

May The Lord help you both with your discernments and false judgments of both people and scriptures. One cannot bend scripture (because of one's own personal convictions) to suit them.

As for people who get drunk, they make their own choice. You both have made your choice not to imbibe. Do not blame others or the preacher for those that drink. It was their choice!.

Romans 14:1 Him that is weak in the faith receive ye, but not to doubtful disputations.

And so my post ends and I hope this thread ends soon.

Renee