View Single Post
Old 10-07-2008, 08:43 AM

Levite

Listen friend before you get way ahead of yourself here and call me ignorant to satans devices stop right in your tracks. I have no need, I repeat NO NEED to look in occult books to know that the devil is a roaring Lion waiting to deceive, I have the Bible

2 Corinthians 10:4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds; )

Occult Books are Carnal, a Christian has no need to dabble in anything occult even under the guise of "getting to know your enemy"

Secondly, Christians have more to deal with in this world from men, than they do elves, fairies and vampires (apologies for adding in Goblins that would be taking it too far)

I completely agree that there are devils and spirits, but I don't not believe that they manifest themselves physically and are portrayed like elves and fairies. Drink (alcohol) is a devil, drugs are a devil (and co-incidentally I used to be enslaved by both) there are enough evil spirits among men to worry about without adding to that elves, fairies and vampires.
Please in no manner think I am "ignorant" as when I was not right with God there where several occasions that I was so far out of my mind that I was almost persuaded by "spirits" to end my life and on any of those occasions the spirit was "within me" not appeared like an elf.

I take comfort in Holy scripture concerning these things of "occult" nature

Romans 8:38
For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,
9 Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Quote:
your reaction & attempt to lighten the situation into "silliness" is silly all unto itself. i forgive you, & i think i have said my peace to the best i can do so do with it as you will.
Hey listen, thanks for forgiving me, but I have no need of forgiveness for admonishing occult dabbling with the Word of God.

Lastly brother, please bring your own opinions on the subject to the topic, not Terry Watkins.