View Single Post
Old 10-06-2008, 02:02 PM

Default The deception that is Christmas.

Hey Brethren
In light of a recent post George wrote on rightly dividing, I noticed he had written a statement about the 25th of December NOT being anything to do with the LORDS birthday. let me further explain this if I can.

Society had had the 25th Dec drummed into them as Christs Birthday, they have been led to believe we exchange gifts because the 3 wise men brought Gifts to Christ.
Lets look into the Bible on these matters and bring to light the Word Of God on the subject (I appreciate many brethren on the forum know this already, but I would like to expel the myth of Christmas to new believers or those who simply didn't know the truth)

The word "Christmas" means "Mass of Christ" or "Christ-mass". It was a Roman Catholic mass and the 25th December is the Pagan birthday of sol the sun god. This was an ancient rite to do with Baalam and is the grossest form of Idolatry that we read about in the Bible.
Christmas is NEVER mentioned in the new testament by anyone, Not Paul, not Peter, Not John Not Matthew, no one.
Christmas is a fable!
2 Timothy 4:4
And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.

Christ was NOT born on the 25th December

Luke 2:8
And there were in the same country shepherds abiding in the field, keeping watch over their flock by night.
Shepard's brought their flock in from fields no later than the first couple of weeks in October, to protect them from the cold and the rains following in those months.
Song of Solomon 2:11 For, lo, the winter is past, the rain is over and gone;
Ezra 10:9 Then all the men of Judah and Benjamin gathered themselves together unto Jerusalem within three days. It was the ninth month, on the twentieth day of the month; and all the people sat in the street of the house of God, trembling because of this matter, and for the great rain.

If we were to take a particular date to celebrate the Birth of Christ it would be clearly marked in the Bible!