View Single Post
Old 10-05-2008, 06:25 PM
wwjd.usa

Quote:
Originally Posted by PB1789 View Post
<snipped for brevity>

To the Thread Question/Title. Yes,Yes,Yes, {Yea Verily!}

The letters of your screen name ask a question. What would Jesus do? He would NOT take a meat clever to the Word of God and hack and cut. What Jesus WOULD do is/was quote and refer constantly to the Written Word as we now have it from Genesis to Malachi!
true, even thought Jesus has quoted many scripture from the OT, he has reversed many scripture. Like (Deuteronomy 6:13) says it's ok to swear and (Matthew 5:34) forbids swearing. So what I'm saying, is that Jesus has kept some scripture in the NT and taught the opposite of another scripture.

For this reason, i believe that since we have the comlete NT, we need to follow only the NT. As I said, the reason is because NT cancels many things of the OT.

Quote:
Please turn to Matthew 5:17,18 and read those verses. Also look up a verse that has the words "millstone" and "sea" in it...think on that passage before adopting the "meat clever" hack and cut theology.
Well, how do you explain (Matthew 5:31-36)?
Jesus fulfilled the OT, and therefore, we do not have to follow the OT doctrines. That's the way I understand it.

Quote:
The Lord God Himself gave us those 10 Commandments from Mt. Sinai,,,written into the stone tablets with HIS finger! Not David or anyone else. The Creator of the Universe took time to communicate to us humans and NO one has the right to tell you (or anyone) to disregard HIS words!
True, and yet the NT says cancels one of the Ten Commandments - the sabath day. (Colossians 2:16-17)

Please explain what you are trying to say through this URL

http://www.vor.org/truth/1689/1689bc00.html