View Single Post
Old 09-30-2008, 08:20 PM
broswmiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by peopleoftheway View Post
I will forget about the dictionaries definition of deceit, and use the Word Of God.
Proverbs 12:5
The thoughts of the righteous are right: but the counsels of the wicked are deceit.

The two do NOT go hand in hand, an Honest Christian who by all means would be righteous, as Christ imputed his righteousness to US, so we cannot say on one hand a man is being honest and deceitful at the same time.

Proverbs 12:17
He that speaketh truth sheweth forth righteousness: but a false witness deceit.

Again the Word Of God shows us that false witness is deceit.

Proverbs 26:24
He that hateth dissembleth with his lips, and layeth up deceit within him;
25 When he speaketh fair, believe him not: for there are seven abominations in his heart.
26 Whose hatred is covered by deceit, his wickedness shall be shewed before the whole congregation.

You said that you cannot say that the pre-tribulation believers are being deceived by satan, yet you say that you were being deceived by Godly brethren and then you said all deceit is from satan, so you are saying by your own words, pre-tribulation believers are in deception of satan. That is all I wanted to know

Jeremiah 17:9 The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?

I am in no way trying to malign here, I simply cannot abide christians saying that other christians are DECEIVED BY SATAN. I don't agree with your doctrine, but yet I do not think YOU are deceived by satan, I think you are deceived by your own heart and by your own understanding.

Colossians 2:8
Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ.

Mid trib, Post trib were spawned through Philosophy

I will accept your stand on your doctrine, and I will not engage you again on any matter concerning this.

I understand.Pre-Trib hasn`t a leg to stand on unless you ignore {2nd Peter 1:20}I simply believe what the Bible says about Christ return which is post-trib,which was believed until roughly 200 years ago.The Baptist prior to the 1800`s were post trib and history proves this.

God bless.