View Single Post
Old 09-27-2008, 11:46 AM

The "last trump" dosent indicate any previous trumpets (literal) have been sounded beforethe resurection. It is an indicator of the close, the end of things, the end of the economy of the world.

1 Thessalonians 4:16
For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:

"With a shout" occurs nowhere else in the new Testament.
Revelation 4:1
After this I looked, and, behold, a door was opened in heaven: and the first voice which I heard was as it were of a trumpet talking with me; which said, Come up hither, and I will shew thee things which must be hereafter.

These two verses describe along with others, that The Voice of God was as a "Trump"
1 Corinthians 15:52 In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.

The last Trump here , I believe is what the Church will hear, the last Trump (End of the economy, end of the Church age) refers to the last call to the Church, a "come up hither" so to speak

The "Trumpets" in revelation are the portrayed with Angels with Literal trumpets.
Revelation 9:14 Saying to the sixth angel which had the trumpet, Loose the four angels which are bound in the great river Euphrates.

When the Seventh Angel sounds, and the vial is poured out, then the voice of God will say, "It is Done"
Revelation 16:17 And the seventh angel poured out his vial into the air; and there came a great voice out of the temple of heaven, from the throne, saying, It is done.

I am quite confident that Brother George may explain better than I can

Last edited by peopleoftheway; 09-27-2008 at 11:58 AM.