View Single Post
Old 09-18-2008, 09:06 PM

Default Ironside and Lordship

I have read many Lordship proponents refer to H A Ironside as being Lordship Salvation in doctrine, mainly because he wrote a book called "Except Ye Repent". I am reading it and am not finding anything lordship in it. I am finding a biblical definition of repentance - a change of mind about sin, that results in a change of life AFTER salvation.

Dr Ironside said -

"When anyone comes promising salvation to those 'who make full surrender' of all that they have to God, and who 'pay the price of full salvation' he is preaching another gospel, for the price was paid on Calvary's cross and the work that saves is finished. It was Christ Jesus who made the full surrender when He yielded His life on Calvary that saves us, not our surrender in any way to Him."

I am starting to think more and more that men like John MacArthur and Ray Comfort are not only teaching false doctrine, but are satanically inspired. JM has written a book all about the COST of SALVATION.

Jesus come quickly.

I'm going to add to this a bit

Ray Comfort has appeared on Joyce Meyer's TV show. He has also appeared at a conference with other Word Faith heretics, such as Jesse Duplantis. As far as I know, he did not openly rebuke them, but taught his method to them. Ray is dangerous ground, and I think this is one of Satan's most subtle attacks against the gospel of the GRACE of God, but the devil leaves signs because he is imperfect, and we can see his handiwork if we look.

Last edited by Luke; 09-18-2008 at 09:16 PM.