Thread: Graven Images
View Single Post
Old 09-15-2008, 03:45 PM

Amen People of the way,

Quote:
I believe that any pictures of Christ portrayed in any way should be cast down, when Paul speaks about bringing into captivity "every thought" to the obedience of Christ In regards to images I believe that we should look for Christ in his "Words" and "Teaching" and in our hearts, not through an interpretation of an artist. I do not think ANY image of Christ, on a Cross, carrying a Cross, the last supper, being baptized, or the Risen Saviour is something any serious Christian should have about them, I feel that it is like Catholic mass, it is crucifying Christ over and over.

Quote:
(By George)
We left an Independent Baptist Church in 1975 for putting up a Christmas tree and "decking the halls with balls of Holly" in the sanctuary where we met; where the word of God was preached and taught; and where we fellowshipped and prayed!
Coming from a Catholic background, and very devout as a youth, when I walked into that building, I think it (if it be possible) that it grieved my spirit more than it did George. I had left my idols behind and here it was stareing me in my face again. How shallow was their belief in God's word!

We have visited that Church since (for their 40th anniversery) and the ashes are very cold.

I praise the Lord for the brethren we have met her who love God and honor His word, and have charity one for another.

Saved by God's precious blood,
Renee