View Single Post
Old 09-04-2008, 10:02 AM
Doxa

Default Thanks

Dear PB1789 and bibleprotector,

Why thank you both so kindly for your replies. I really appreciate it.

I looked at all the links given, and thank you both very much.

I intend to spend some time looking at and comparing the KJV editions list provided by bibleprotector as well, via your website.
I believe that when I look at the list carefully, I see that much of it is just a matter of how certain words were spelled, which does not disturb me as much as those pertaining to the capitalization of Spirit or not or Son or not.
In that regard, it is probably the same story as those who print the red letter editions, what to make red or not. Even that disturbs me greatly when I look at some modern translations and how they omitted the red on some verses in Revelation! What a different slant that makes on Scripture!

By the way...The Cambridge Large Print Text Bible that I bought is all a black letter edition, and I must admit I look forward toward reading it as such to really see how it reads without red letter influence. This will be a new one on me for King James, which I am so excited about!

But even more, I am confident that the Lord Jesus gave me the KJV Bibles that HE wanted me to have, and I decided most definitely to trust them and God will use them to continue to reveal Truth to me. As I believe that God is the ONLY revealer of Truth. What I mean is that I believe that we can read the Bible until we are blue in the face, but it is only the Lord Who makes us understand it and reveals His Truth to us.

And I say that because of the evidence there of...people who know the Bible like the back of their hand, but are suicidal, wife beaters, or way out there in extreme doctrines, all getting their interpretation from the Bible. (Only God reveals Truth.)

Anyway, I am rambling. Anyway, I am basking in God's peace that HE continues to give me -- and by simply trusting what God has so clearly given me.

God bless you all, and thanks again for your kind replies.