View Single Post
Old 09-03-2008, 01:42 PM
Scott Simons

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbratt View Post
One thing in this post I sincerely disagree with is anyone saying that the Holy Spirit cannot work through an NIV or NAS Bible to save souls. What you just said was that God is powerless without a KJV Bible. God wins souls with enormous disasters overseas, death of loved ones, bith defects, all sorts of things. Far be it from me to think he couldn't use a Bible.

The NIV shows you the same plan of salvation as the KJV. Jesus laid out the way of salvation. I don't remember ANY version of the Bible in his plan.
Jesus prayed for another way if it was possible, I would have bet there was not other way, or if it was possible, God decided not to do it another way, so I think you are not correct in your analysis. God has predestined the way of salvation and there really is no other way, sorry. But I guess I could be wrong but you might be wrong, so do you want to risk it?

I have heard people say I know the bible say it, but I am going to do it anyway. I guess they think God will not require it on them.