View Single Post
Old 08-21-2008, 01:34 AM
spiritualcrusader

Question

I'm new to this forum, and I was wondering why there is so much argueing going on instead of open discussion. Now I'm a Independant Baptist by doctrinal standing, but I'm first and foremost A born again believer. I say "believer" because others are to call us "Christains" not us.

Now I believe the Bible strongly teaches that salvation is eternal. I am a victim of easy beliefism, and the humanistic teaching that has been going on in Christian circles. When I was a child, an invitation was given, and I went forward to get saved. I was asked, as a child, if I wanted to go to Heaven. My obvious answer was "yes". They led me in a prayer and said I was saved.

On Feb.12,2007 I heard a message from the radio days that was played in my class on street preaching. Our salvation has nothing to do with whether on not we want to go to Heaven or Hell.

Our salvation is totally dependent upon the Holy Spirit drawing us to realize our standing as a sinner before a Holy, Sovergn, God; understanding that their is a penalty for sin; that God has provided payment for sin, Jesus' death, burial, and ressurection,; repentance of our sin before a Holy, Sovergn, God, and accepting what Christ has done on mankinds behalf as enough. That is what makes us a "bond servant", which Paul referrs to himself as being many times.

Salvation only occurs in this Biblical, none humanistic way. This may help explain why so many people could loss their salvation. It was because they were trusting in a prayer, works, on everything else we can list that is of themselves. Even realizing that you are lost is of God, not ourselves. That's why there can be no boasting.

If you can believe someone can loose their salvation? Please explain Peter's denying of Jesus before His death, and then Jesus forgiving Peter after His resurection. Did Peter finally get saved around the fire eating fish with Jesus.
Yes, grace is envolved, because God wants us to realize its not about us its about Him. We are his tools, but humanism has taught us that He is our tool. I belive this is call utilitarianism. I didn't use scripture because the Holy Spirit prompted me to share this with the whole forum. I'm not a great memorizer of Scripture, and the rest of you used so much scripture. My Question is what did the Holy Spirit that exsits within you say about what I just shared.

Be careful not to fight fleshly battles when we are supposed to be letting the Holy Spirit control us. I believe that has one of the most important things that God stressed throught Paul's writings. By the way a believer who lives in the flesh will appear as if they lost their salvation too.

Like I said I'm new