View Single Post
Old 08-13-2008, 12:40 PM

Point Number 1
At what point in my post did I mention Milk fed "babes in Christ" being unsaved?
Natural man is UNSAVED MAN! Paul is telling the Church of Corinth that those that are saved, Born Again and have the ability to understand Gods Word. Unsaved man cannot because he does not have the Holy Spirit as a teacher.
He is talking about to completely different groups of people "babes in Christ" New believers at the Church Of Corinth and unsaved heathens "Natural man"
Paul is talking about Spiritual BLINDNESS! and whenever this is spoken of, its spoken about UNSAVED MAN!
Romans 10:3
For they being ignorant of God's righteousness, and going about to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted themselves unto the righteousness of God.
Ephesians 4:18
Having the understanding darkened, being alienated from the life of God through the ignorance that is in them, because of the blindness of their heart:

Point Number 2
In reference to 1st cor 1:12
Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God.
I mentioned nothing about this meaning salvation, but that it referred to the TEACHING of the Holy Spirit. Paul is telling the Church of Corinth about Learning by Guidance of the spirit and Growing in the LORD

As for 2:14
It makes Perfect sense with the rest of the Epistle

Natural man, is Unsaved man, he cannot be taught the things of the Spirit.

Of course Evangelist, teacher and Pastor are Gifts, I never once mentioned they were not, I stated that they are for an individual "calling" not all this anointing business. Todd Bently relies on that word "anointing" a great deal, and he most certainly isn't doing the work of the LORD Jesus Christ.

In My Saviour's name, The LORD Jesus Christ