View Single Post
Old 02-21-2008, 03:10 PM
sting of truth

you know will, i had the same kind of conversation with a guy just a while back, i just asked him questions till he defeated himself. it went like this [ names were changed to protect identity]

me: so you don't believe the kjv is the pure, innerant word of God?

him: no

me: so God lied when he said his words shall not pass?

him: no, he kept his words in the original autographs

me: you mean the autographs that are no longer in existance?

him yes

me: if they are no longer in existence then how do we have word today?

him: well we don't

me: so you think God is LIAR?

him: no, God has kept his word for us

me: where, in what bible translation, or manuscript

him: we don't have an innerant bible today

me: how can you say that in light of Psa 12:6-7
(6) The words of the LORD are pure words: as silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times.
(7) Thou shalt keep them, O LORD, thou shalt preserve them from this generation forever.

him: what i meant to say was, oinly the originals were inspired

me: no doubt about that, but the scripture says that the scripture shall be PRESERVED, or KEPT FROM HARM, so how did God keep his word?

him: in the original languages

me: ok, which manuscripts?

him: in the originals

me: but you just admitted the originals have been destroyed for a long time

him: thats right

me: so you do think God is a liar?

him: NOT AT ALL, I BELIEVE THAT THE BIBLE IS GOD'S WORD

me: which one. with all the missing verses and contraditcions in the new versons they can't be the word of God, remember, God is not the author of confusion?

him: still the kjv is error riddled

me: prove it, but before you throw an "error' at me from the kjv, you might wanna go check out www.av1611.com they explain every so called "error" in the king james bible.. furthermore, i'm still waiting for you to tell me where i can get the bible spoken of in psalm 12. the one that is preserved and kept.

him: i doubt they can answer them all. plus i told you that we don't have a bible without error anymore

me: so you believe that God is a liar? Jesus said NOT ONE JOT OR TITTLE SHALL PASS..
if you believe God has preserved his word, and kept it from defilement, and is not a liar, then you tell me which bible is the word of God

him: in the original manuscripts is the word of God

me: but the originals are gone, do you mean the copies, as in the manuscripts we have today?

him: yes, thats what i meant to say

me: ok, i'll give you that, but only if you can now tell me exactly which manuscripts are 100% without error, and are just as accurate as the original autographs

him: there are none, only the originals were without error and inspired

me: we already established that the originals only were inspired, but we also estsablished that the originals were copied and the words themselves were preserved. now i'm just trying to tell me which bible and or manuscripts are the preserved copies that are equal to the original autograph?

him: you narrow minded idiot, haven't you been listening to what i've been saying?

me: yes i have, thats the problem. i've been listening, and you have not answered one of my questions. i ask you which bible or text is the infallible word of God and you say none, which is an admittance that you think God is a liar, based on pslam 12:6-7. then you say God is not a liar, so i ask which bible ortext is the infallible word of God? and you can't answer.. you're driving a circular arguement. there is 2 choices, and you try to cop out and pick a third which is not offered or in existence.. either God, in your eyes, is a liar, and we do not have a bible that is the perfectly preserved word of God.. OR choice 2, God is truth and he never lies, and we do have his infallible, written word, today. which is it? is God a liar? or did he keep his word and give us the bible, without error, perfectly preserved, infallible, innerant?

me: hello, are you there

me: hellllllooooooo

me: come on make your choice, it's one or the other

me: hello, you there

i never heard from this guy again, people said i was mean for attacking his faith.. i said, we don't even know what his faith was, so how could i attack it?