View Single Post
Old 06-18-2008, 12:13 AM
look3467

Let me present you this idea and see if you can not look at the new testament a little different.

Up and until Jesus came everything pertaining to mankind was mankind's undoings.
I mean, there was absolutely nothing mankind could do to attain salvation.
Not even Moses, Abraham or any of the patriarchs.

Jesus was the end of that condition placed on mankind giving hope now to all mankind.

Grace was given, is given and will be given freely were as before the end, requirement was the necessity.
The law had to be complied with and we all know that was an impossibility.

The bible tells us it was for a reason. That being that only God gets the credit an no one else.

Now, coming to the NT, we find that grace is above all the gift of salvation and the law not a necessity.

That being the case, was rules are we going to be guided by then if grace is freely given without works?

Can we see Paul and His letters dictating certain behavioral patterns, things to watch out for and some observances to do?

We can say then that the new Testament is a workbook on working out the salvation that we already have been given it, yet not fully knowledgeable of all its benefits.

Behavioral problems are addressed plenty in the new testament because if we don't have any constitution to be governed by we all go amuck.

Take for instance a person who has found Christ and strives to learn all it can about Him, God and the bible.
Finds liberty in Jesus, and in maturity, desires, wants to live right and just with it fellow neighbors, being led in heart by God in him.

What rule, what regulation, what practice, what religious belief requires him to be free to love at will?

Folks, we are free to love unlimited, the soul of the people at our cost.
If we are free, should we have restrictions to require people by?

No! So, we work out those situations arising in modern day life and try to lead people to a better way by introducing God in Jesus.

If they know Jesus already we judge only their works, that is, in their works reflect not the love of Christ in them.

But we don't condemn for what Christ paid the price for; their souls.

That is my view as I now see it, where as before, I was bound by the belief that only I and some like I were the only ones going to make it because of this verse:
Joh 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

We all go through Jesus, for He paid the price for all souls, and there is none other name under heaven by which any soul can be saved.

We get tangled up in issues for a reason, and that to find the correct attitude to have.

If we find it, then we are free from it and are more the wiser as we gain wisdom in understanding and knowledge.

A good workbook contains many notes as remembrances of what and how we learned.

Peace>>>AJ