View Single Post
Old 06-08-2008, 07:12 PM

Try the little pamphet that Diligent linked to above. The "K.J. Companion" is only .49 cents...give it a try. I've had one and have recommended them to other folks that needed help with some words/phrases.

What I think you are looking for is called a Bible Dictionary. You can get one for about $10.00 depending on where you shop. I'll provide a link, and on the page there is a "Sample" page. Point and Click on that and you can see the first page which starts off with Aaron-with a definition of him (Moses brother) and the other things listed/mentioned in the Bible. From Asher to Zebulun, from Birthright to Yoke---Person,Place or Thing---Shekel to Sabbath's Day Journey. This way you can look things up even if someone else is on the computer at home, or if the internet is slow.

Don't know how much money is in your wallet, but you can usually find one at a Used book Store in town, or try the local Salvation Army store or goodwill store in the book section. The link is for "Smith's" which has been around for over 100 years- (Like Strong's Concordance-another very helpful reference tool.). There are others such as Unger's Bible Dictionary , Zondervan's Pictorial Bible Dictionary-(with drawings and photos) , Oxford Bible Dictionary, which will cost more than Smith's, but they have better print/font/type. You be the judge, as it's your eyeballs.

Hope this helps you. Continue on reading God's Word...IF you don't understand something, then you could also keep a pencil and paper near your Bible and make a note of the word---> then keep reading. Next Lord's Day ask your Pastor or Sunday School teacher if they know.

http://www.christianbook.com/Christi...&event=CF#curr