Thread: Swordsearcher
View Single Post
Old 06-06-2008, 01:54 PM
joshjefflawn

I don't know if it is this one, or some other, but I started using some kind of bible study software, It was free though and It had a name Sword something. Like I said I don't know if it is this one or some other with a similar title. Any way I started using it, at first I liked it, one of the things I first studied was the Gap Fact (some call it the Gap theory but I believe its fact) of Genesis 1:1-2.
Every thing seemed alright until I got to Salvation. Thinking back on it I am pretty sure the program was teaching a Calvanistic form of salvation. I had to stop using it because ,1 I was new to the faith and I just started attending a Bible Believeing Independent Baptist Church that believes that Salvation is by grace. And 2, I believe that Jesus Died for all man and not just the elect but those who die with out Christ.
I don't know if yours teaches Calvanistic salvation, if it is I must say I am completley againsed the Calvanitic teaching of Salvation.
To teach that people who die without Christ and end up in hell, and that God some how willed that person to burn in hell is a true heracy. The Bible says "The Lord is....., not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance. II Pet 3:9 No man since Calvary (I say calvary because God changed how he delt with man, form law to Grace, and before calvary the only way someone could be saved is by becoming a Jew and by following all the Laws) has been sent to hell because God created that person to fill up hell. Instead the only reason any Human being has ever been cast into hell is because they would not believe on the Lord Jesus Christ as there saviour.
Some people teach that only those who God elects can be saved, but this is simply not true. Any Man who believes on the only begotten son of God, our Lord Jesus Christ, Shall be saved.
The Lord Jesus Christ Says;
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that "whosoever" (if only the elect were to be saved The Lord Jesus would not have said whosoever) should believeth in him shall not perish, but have everlasting life John 3:16, John 3:15 says "That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life. and even later on in chapter three the Lord Jesus says
"He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God." John 3:18 Did the Lord Jesus say He that that is elect is elect and that he that is not elect is condemned already, be cause he was not elect? Of course not. No wear in the Gospel of John does Jesus once say only the elect are saved, neither do any of pauls eppisltes, sure Paul uses the term elect, but every time it is inreference to those who first believed on the Lord Jesus.
If you realy believe only those who will be saved are only those who God elects and that man has no say so, then how do you explane the Children of Isreal. If Pre-Election is true, then why did the Jews, Gods people reject the Son of God 3 times. So there if it is true that only the elect by God, are saved then that either means every Jew born from Abraham to now is in heaven, including those who rejected the Lord Jesus Christ. Or that means that God willed his own people to go to hell. Now of course both are wrong. The fact that God gave us his only begotten son, and "whosoever will come, may come." If you are not sure of your election, ask the Lord Jesus Christ to forgive you of your sins, repent and ask the Lord Jesus to come into your heart and save you from Hell. That is Salvation, it is simple, and yet it is the greatest gift of all.
If I am wrong, and your program doesn't teach calvanistic salvation, then this realy isn't directed at you, God has just put this on my heart and so I wrote this.