Thread: KJ study bible
View Single Post
Old 05-27-2008, 11:32 AM

Oh my Bro.Jeremy, How long is a piece of string?
Choosing a study Bible is a personal thing, it depends upon your particular Doctrinal stance. i.e. if your Dispensational then it is Scofield, or Pilgrim, oh and Ryrie... Then there is Thompson Chain reference, and the KJV Study Bible by Nelson I believe. There is the Common Mans Reference Bible & also Rock Of Ages Prison Ministry do a Study Bible...
So you can see bro. the world is your oyster as they say, personally I cut my teeth on Pilgrim, Scofield and had a Thompson. Forgive me but the best Study Bible is the one that is used...
My advice for what it is worth is get a good wide margin Bible and make your own, the problem with 'Study Bibles' per se is you will not agree with all the notes. There is also the question of should those notes be in therte but that is a different tack!
IMHO go with a Wide Margin and get some good refernce books and study for all your worth, and hey you want 10 zillion opinions on verses etc... post your questions here...
Joking aside, you would in short order really get to grips with issues etc.... nothing like running verses and comparing scripture with scripture.
Hope I have not confused you bro....
Every Blessing....