View Single Post
Old 05-20-2008, 01:14 PM
Beth

Quote:
Originally Posted by bibleprotector View Post
Since God is perfect, it is consistent that He has a perfect Word in the earth.

Those people who do not believe that anything is perfect are of the spirit of error. They are saying that error is more powerful than God. They think that man, sin, corruption, etc. are more powerful than God's ability to get His Word to us.

There is a Scriptural connection between God's perfection and that His Word should be perfect, "As for God, his way is perfect: the word of the LORD is tried: he is a buckler to all those that trust in him." (Psalm 18:30).

People can investigate everything the King James Bible says and find it to be exactly true and correct. They can look at the history of how the KJB came to us, and see the providence of God favouring it above anything else. They can look at prophecies, such as Acts 13:46–49, etc., and see that the KJB is matching up with them.
I have to say I was one of those that said the KJB is the best, but not perfect. Now I understand better what is meant by perfect and I do believe the KJB is perfect, pure and free of error. That is thanks to this site.

I also was one that said I was TR only. I'm sure I still don't understand this topic as well as I should or as well as I will understand it, (continuing in the learning process). The reason I said this is because I thought by saying that I was TR only that this was the same as saying I am KJVonly. since the KJV is the only English Bible based on the TR.

I will continue to dig deeper and learn about this. Just a warning if anyone wants to explain it to me they will have to keep it as short as possible and as simple as possible. It most likely will go over my head otherwise. otherwise I will continue to dig deep and learn. I may be slow, but I will eventually get it. Like I have said before, I have gone through the process of starting with the NIV and ending up with God's perfect Word in the KJB. Like my Pastor tells me, I may be stubborn at times, but I am teachable.