View Single Post
Old 05-18-2008, 09:41 PM
freesundayschoollessons

Quote:
In truth, you have no authority insofar as the Bible goes, because, as you have demonstrated, you decide which words and verses you will accept in any of them. Do you honestly not see this?
This authority stuff is silliness. I really have no debates with Psalm 12 in the KJV. It makes perfect sense and I find it a comfort that God promises to take care of the godly in a wicked world. His word can be trusted because it is pure. He will preserve me (and all of us, His sons).

The "strain at a gnat" issue: sure, there are problems with the KJV. However, a fair reading of my article demonstrates clearly that I am not about trashing God's Word. I read it, look at the grammar, historical context and where the versions differ, I investigate why there are differences.

If I were rejecting God's Word as my authority, I would simply say "This does not mean this, it means that" and go on. Read the article above. I do not take that approach. I offer the meaning that is supported by the languages, context and historical context. Then, in my discussions, I go on to edify others with what I have found.