View Single Post
Old 04-30-2008, 03:01 PM
MDOC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Connie View Post
I understand that you are passionately committed to holding onto the inspired status of the King James Bible and are deathly afraid that some "humanist" like myself and others here might shake people's confidence in it as God perfect word. The intention is laudable but you just end up painting yourselves into a corner, and in fact put yourselves in the position of obstructing the availability of God's word. We need a new updated King James. We need it done by the right people appointed by the right churches. We aren't going to get it because the churches are blinded by the new versions, because few recognize the importance of the problem, and last but not least because of the hidebound superstitiousness of the KJB-only crowd who impute divine status to Elizabethan English. Of course God is in charge of language, but He's also in charge of His people and knows how to guide the right men to keep His word updated without losing anything essential in the old language. Satan has a vested interest in keeping the King James unavailable to the majority and this is one way he can do it.
I'm not a humanist, but there's the opposite side of this spectrum: the Word has become the idol; the Word is worshipped instead of the creator who spoke it. That's why they are so bound to this kind of flakiness.

Last edited by MDOC; 04-30-2008 at 03:06 PM.