View Single Post
Old 04-30-2008, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Connie View Post
This is not the literal individual word of any particular language, it's His communication to us, the conveyance of His truth to us.

Word = message, truth, communication, revelation.

For the sake of clarity, here's Diligent's answer to me for context, to show that he is insisting on "individual words":

Matthew Henry reads it as I read it:

For thou hast magnified thy word (thy promise, which is truth) above all thy name. God has made himself known to us in many ways in creation and providence, but most clearly by his word. The judgments of his mouth are magnified even above those of his hand, and greater things are done by them. The wonders of grace exceed the wonders of nature; and what is discovered of God by revelation is much greater than what is discovered by reason. In what God had done for David his faithfulness to his work appeared more illustriously, and redounded more to his glory, than any other of his attributes. Some good interpreters understand it of Christ, the essential Word, and of his gospel, which are magnified above all the discoveries God had before made of himself to the fathers. He that magnified the law, and made that honourable, magnifies the gospel much more.
As all good "Humanists" eventually you run to your "Final Authorities" = MEN, and their opinions, and to your ultimate "FINAL AUTHORITY" your own worthless opinions. I've said it before and I'll say it again - You refuse to receive instruction and have the "gall" to try to "correct" us while all the while you have so little spiritual discernment or understanding.

Keep on relying on your "intellect" and see how far it will get you with God - I'm sure He is impressed!

Proverbs 29:20 Seest thou a man that is hasty in his words? there is more hope of a fool than of him.
Proverbs 26:12 Seest thou a man wise in his own conceit? there is more hope of a fool than of him.

This applies "double" to some women - and if the shoe fits wear it!