View Single Post
Old 04-30-2008, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bibleprotector View Post
What vain and foolish person thinks that he understands all the Bible at once? Who instantly knows all the King James Bible words and their meanings? What man thinks he knows the thoughts of another man, but is lying? And what error is it to judge contrary to the Spirit!

The greater parts of the body of Christ were told told not to reject the rest. If any think he have his own knowledge, he has just rejected the Holy Ghost. If a man has understanding, let him instruct in meekness, not exalt himself as having Nicolaitan power with the Scripture.

"Whom shall he teach knowledge? and whom shall he make to understand doctrine? them that are weaned from the milk, and drawn from the breasts." (Isaiah 28:9).
Aloha brother,

You will notice that since I joined this Forum I haven't commented on your posts. The reason is I figure that you have been trying to glorify our God and His Holy word(s) and edify the brethren (both of which I admire and appreciate).

It took me a long time (far too long - I'm a bit "thick") to understand that there are some "Christians" out there that have no more regard for God's word or God's words (the Holy scriptures of truth) than an atheist or agnostic. Pay no attention to them. We can't "change" them; "fix" them; or "help" them - no matter what we do or say:

Proverbs 29:20 Seest thou a man that is hasty in his words? there is more hope of a fool than of him.

Proverbs 26:12 Seest thou a man wise in his own conceit? there is more hope of a fool than of him.

I appreciate your efforts to extol and uphold God's words - don't ever let the Sophists out there get you down or discourage you.

By the way: I got saved in 1958 reading a real "fancy" King James Bible; went to the Schofield & Thompson Chain; and then around 1970 or so I decided that I didn't want man's opinion mixed in with the Holy words of God so I opted for a Nelson Bible without references or "helps".

I went through two (2) Nelson's in the seventies (so-so quality bindings), and came upon a couple of "Cambridges" in the early to middle eighties, which I purchased for my wife and I. These are the same Bibles that we are using today!

Without knowing what you found out through hard study, we ended up with the very best there is - Praise God!

Keep up the good work and just ignore those who only know how to criticize and tear down.

Yours for the Lord Jesus Christ and for His Holy word,

Georeg