Thread: UFOs...
View Single Post
Old 04-23-2008, 07:24 AM
jerry

Quote:
DISCERN, v.t. s as z. L., to separate or distinguish, Gr.

2. To distinguish; to see the difference between two or more things; to discriminate; as, to discern the blossom-buds from the leaf-buds of plants.

1. To see or understand the difference; to make distinction; as, to discern between good and evil, truth and falsehood.
Right - and I am discerning between what is said by a Bible teacher or preacher and comparing it to the Bible - as God commands me. Sorry you have a problem with that - but I guess that would be YOUR problem, as I choose to continue to obey the Lord and critique all that is taught supposedly from the Word of God, and I am not going to feel guilted into thinking I am doing wrong because others won't apply those passages to their pet teachers or doctrines.

Philippians 1:9-10 And this I pray, that your love may abound yet more and more in knowledge and in all judgment; That ye may approve things that are excellent; that ye may be sincere and without offence till the day of Christ;

Oh oh, there's that word again!

Hebrews 5:12-14 For when for the time ye ought to be teachers, ye have need that one teach you again which be the first principles of the oracles of God; and are become such as have need of milk, and not of strong meat. For every one that useth milk is unskilful in the word of righteousness: for he is a babe. But strong meat belongeth to them that are of full age, even those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil.

Make you a deal: you stop trying to badger me and tell me I have no right to critique Ruckman or anyone else, and I will stop DEFENDING my Biblical right AND RESPONSIBILITY to do so. The issue isn't even Ruckman - though he is the one being discussed - the issue is does God command us to be discerning of those teaching Bible doctrine? Yes, He does; therefore I do.

Last edited by jerry; 04-23-2008 at 07:31 AM.