View Single Post
Old 03-26-2008, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pastor Mikie View Post
...and another verse that shows we are still learning and don't have it 100% correct on all issues:

1 Corinthians 13:12 For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.

1 Corinthians 13:9 For we know in part, and we prophesy in part.
1 Corinthians 13:11 When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things.
12 For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.

When?

1 Corinthians 13:10 But when that which is perfect is come, then that which is in part shall be done away.

In part - tongues, prophecies, miracles, knowledge
perfect - completed revelation of the Word of God

We don't need the "in part" gifts now, since the FULL-FILLED word of God NOW is made MANIFEST. It's no longer looking in a glass darkly. It is now CRYSTAL CLEAR.
Colossians 1:25 Whereof I am made a minister, according to the dispensation of God which is given to me for you, to fulfil the word of God;
26 Even the mystery which hath been hid from ages and from generations, but now is made manifest to his saints:

The PERFECT WORD OF GOD has now come and is profitable. The "in part" gifts is of no profit at all.
We are NOW to PUT AWAY CHILDISH THINGS. We have "all Scripture" (that which is complete; that which is PERFECT) to make us A MAN, COMPLETE IN CHRIST, AND "PERFECT".
2 Timothy 3:16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
17 That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.