View Single Post
Old 03-24-2008, 10:01 AM
evstevemd

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by fundy View Post
Hi evstevemd,

Correct me if I am wrong, but in previous posts you have declared a beleif in that a person can lose their salvation if they do not do the will of God.

fUNDY
Rom 10:9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

So here to be saved it takes confession and believe in heart right?

Eph 2:8-9 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast.

No man can buy salvation through good works, right?

Eph 2:10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

We were created to do good works! only freed by Jesus can do this for are not servants of sin right?

1Jn 3:5 And ye know that he was manifested to take away our sins; and in him is no sin.
1Jn 3:6 Whosoever abideth in him sinneth not: whosoever sinneth hath not seen him, neither known him.

Self explanatory

Rom 8:14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.

What if you are led by fleshly sinful life then you are son of......??

1Jn 3:9 Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.
1Jn 3:10 In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whosoever doeth not righteousness is not of God, neither he that loveth not his brother.

Walking in sin makes you loose what the lord has done in you, and Go back to the devil! I mean as long as you yield to God's Holy Spirit, He will teach you to live godly life and prompt you for repentance whenever you fall in sin!
what I plainly mean is: If you are born again and you go back to your sin life, then you are no different from non believer at all.

Heb 10:26 For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins,
Heb 10:27 But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries.
Heb 10:28 He that despised Moses' law died without mercy under two or three witnesses:
Heb 10:29 Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace?

So don't think you have eternal security if you are planning to sin! God will forgive us every confessed sin! Just let us be honest.

1Jn 1:8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.
1Jn 1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

Don't hesitate to ask me for any ambiguity!

Ev. Steve