View Single Post
Old 05-26-2009, 10:01 AM

Bro George

I thought post #196 was excellent and I learned a lot from it. Yes, your posts are a little long, but I understand that completely. Sometimes I go on a little long myself only because I want to make sure the reader understands what I am trying to convey.

The ONE AND ONLY verse I saw in Peter's sermon in Acts 3 that might also refer to the Gentiles is Acts 3:26

Acts 3:26 Unto you first God, having raised up his Son Jesus, sent him to bless you, in turning away every one of you from his iniquities.

Now, that word "first" really caught my attention. I would have probably asked Peter what he meant by "first" if I had been present. I tend to hang on small details like this.

But other than that, I think you proved your point very well, and am in agreement with it. I think I have a clearer understanding now of these "different" gospels.

Now, that said, I do not understand this "difference" in how people are saved. I have always believed that all persons, whether Jew or Gentile in any age were saved by faith alone without works. I have seen a few here who speak of "faith and works". I gotta tell you, this is a tough pill to swallow for me. If you would like to explain I will be glad to study it.