View Single Post
Old 05-09-2009, 08:26 AM

Default Re: " Do you have to be KJVO to be here???"

Quote:
Originally Posted by peopleoftheway View Post
You are as two faced as they come, you say you "live by" the King James Bible and yet there you go again attacking it by defending modern versions that diminish, and I am not just talking about the two particular passages above, but throughout the entire Bible, verses, words, even chapters.
Can you honestly sit there and defend any modern version that does this
http://av1611.com/kjbp/charts/themagicmarker.html
Or can you in your infinite wisdom explain them all away? What did the translators you are defending do with the Godhead? were did they insert that elsewhere in their version? why did they remove the name JESUS 38 times?

Matthew 7:20 Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.

Ephesians 4:14 That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive;
Aloha brother Steve,

Here we go AGAIN! "solabiblia" chooses to believe the imaginary "suppositions" of the Westcott & Hort "THEORY", RATHER than the scripturally sound reasoning of Dean John William Burgon! "solabiblia" is a WOLF in SHEEP'S CLOTHING! Burgon wrote perhaps the two best books covering this issue: "The Causes Of Textual Corruption" and "The Traditional Text".

I doubt if our "intellectual elitist" has READ them, and if he has - he has chosen to IGNORE them. This man ("solabiblia") has chosen to follow the road to apostasy - he would rather believe that a Bible believing scribe would "insert" words (ADD) into the Holy Text, than believe, the more likely scenario, that a Bible "corrector" (much like himself) would take words (SUBTRACT) out of the Holy Text, with which he didn't agree!

Think about that! WHO is more likely to CHANGE (or ADD or SUBTRACT) from the Holy words of God - People like most of us on this Forum (i.e. genuine Bible believers - WHO believe in the FINAL AUTHORITY of God's word) or people like "solabiblia" and "greektim" (Bible correctors - WHO have NO FINAL AUTHORITY other than their OWN OPINIONS)?

There is only one Scriptural way to deal with Bible correctors (and it ain't "engage" them; "coddle" them; be "nice" to them; and maybe someday they will "come around"). No the Scriptural way to deal with ALL Bible correctors (regardless of WHO they are - or how old they are) is to:

Romans 16:17 Now I beseech you, brethren, mark them which cause divisions and offences contrary to the doctrine which ye have learned; and avoid them.
18 For they that are such serve not our Lord Jesus Christ, but their own belly; and by good words and fair speeches DECEIVE the hearts of the simple.

Did you notice how the Holy Bible spells out HOW these people will operate? "GOOD WORDS & FAIR SPEECHES"! You don't have to be on Guard against a "mean" old curmudgeon (like myself). You always know where I'm coming from. You have to beware of the "sweet talking" people who through "good words and fair speeches" seek to undermine the faith of believers!

You and I can never change these people's hearts. They have chosen their course, and unless Almighty God intervenes in their life in some way, they will not change!

So, do we obey what God COMMANDS us to do in Romans 16:17-18, or do we follow our own "instincts" and IGNORE what God has said? That is the question that all genuine Bible believers have to ask themselves.

Matthew 4:4 But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.