View Single Post
Old 05-09-2009, 07:51 AM
solabiblia

Default Other Arguments Could Be Legitimate

Quote:
Originally Posted by peopleoftheway View Post
You are as two faced as they come, you say you "live by" the King James Bible and yet there you go again attacking it by defending modern versions that diminish, and I am not just talking about the two particular passages above, but throughout the entire Bible, verses, words, even chapters.
Can you honestly sit there and defend any modern version that does this
http://av1611.com/kjbp/charts/themagicmarker.html
Or can you in your infinite wisdom explain them all away? What did the translators you are defending do with the Godhead? were did they insert that elsewhere in their version? why did they remove the name JESUS 38 times?

Matthew 7:20 Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.

Ephesians 4:14 That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive;
There is nothing "two faced" about pointing out that there are other legitimate explanations for your charge of intentional tampering. In order to prove your charge of intentional tampering, you must directly connect a person, motive, and action. You cannot put these all together in the correct historical context. As far as I know, only KJOs and atheist/agnostics believe that gnostics sucessfully tampered with the New testament Textual stream.

As to removing the name of Christ, here are some word counts I did:

Christ Jesus
KJV 58
NKJV 69
NASB 87
NIV 87

Christ Jesus our Lord
KJV 5
NKJV 7
NASB 7
NIV 7

Jesus our Lord
KJV 7
NKJV 9
NASB 12
NIV 10

Jesus
KJV 942
NKJV 1040
NASB 990
NIV 1276

Christ
KJV 537
NKJV 584
NASB 528
NIV 531

Lord Jesus Christ
KJV 82
NKJV 81
NASB 62
NIV 60

It would be refreshing to see more discussions here that acknowledged the strength and vaadity of other positions instead of calling people names and calling their love of God's Word into question.