View Single Post
Old 05-08-2009, 12:09 AM

[Yes brother, I understand your point perfectly. Sadly, your point is still just as wrong as it was when you first made it, and that's why none of the Bible believers here have fallen for that stuff brother. Bro. Chette covered it quite well, there is no reason to re-hash, recap, recall or re-invent the ceremonial washings of the OT and the Levites. You are "mixing OIL with VINEGAR," and you can shake that bottle until the cows come home but they won't mix for you any more than they have for any other ultradispensationalist including Dr. Bullinger himself. The term Baptism is never found even ONCE the entire Old Testament. Nothing like a King James Bible to clear up doctrinal issues. ]

Hebrews 6:1 Therefore leaving the principles of the doctrine of Christ, let us go on unto perfection; not laying again the foundation of repentance from dead works, and of faith toward God,
2 Of the doctrine of baptisms, and of laying on of hands, and of resurrection of the dead, and of eternal judgment.

There is nothing like Hebrews in the KJV for clearing up someone who teaches, preaches, and believes in two baptisms when Paul says there is only one, and nothing like the book of Hebrews for clearing up Christians who wish to disconnect the OT from the practices of the Messianic Church and Christ's earthly ministry from the NT because of a denominational tradition.

Eph 4:5 One Lord, one faith, one baptism,
6 One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.

13 For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.

[Simple: Jesus never baptized anyone in believer's baptism for the same reason He never preached the Gospel we preach today. Because our blessed Saviour had not yet gone through the death, burial and resurrection, brother. Paul on the other hand, DID preach the Gospel, WAS baptized and also baptized others. Let's not agonize over multiple facets of a view that not one Bible believer here is accepting brother.

I'm not in any way angry at you, but we won't agree on this, and I would prefer you did not address me directly any more on the issue. My last replies were to another member not to you, and anything I post from here on will serve as a "counter-balance" to the views you are being allowed to publish on the forum, simply for the express purpose of DOCTRINAL CLARITY. I'm not trying to be rude, but I would say the same thing to ANYONE ANYWHERE who asked me endless questions about strange doctrines. (Titus 3:9) As I stated early on, may God bless you as you seek His truth on this issue brother.

P.S. I noticed you removed the signature you had earlier called "Church Splitter?"
never mind, maybe it was a figment of my imagination... ]

I will not address you on this issue again Brother Parrish for the simple opinion that I think like Brother Tim, you are afraid of what I have to say. Whether a person is right or wrong I see a lot of fundamentalists committing the fault of not hearing the other guy out, nor are you willing to put yourself in the other guy's shoes. So I'll leave you with this question: I see people caught up in the doctrinal error of teaching two baptisms when the Scriptures given to all of us by God's inspiration teaches one for the church age. I have the opportunity to discuss that issue that was given to me by God. If this were my forum and you came in here, hearing me teach TWO Lords, TWO faiths, TWO Gods and Fathers of all, tell me what you would do?

I'm sorry you, and Tim who started this thread, are not up to discussing the issue, and that in a decent, orderly, and Scriptural manner, since I have not yet seen one single verse of Scripture that disconnects the OT washings or purification and consecration from water baptsim as practiced by the IFBs.

My reference as a "church splitter" was a joke, a name IFBs hang on us when no one wants to openly and in a friendly and Scriptural manner discuss the issue. Brother Parrish.

Grace and peace brother Parrish

Tony

Last edited by tonybones2112; 05-08-2009 at 12:13 AM. Reason: spelling