View Single Post
Old 04-29-2009, 04:41 AM
Tandi

Tony, I don't know where to begin in answering you. It would not be a productive discussion. It would take too long to explain where I am coming from and how I am not "mixing" law and grace, etc. When you do not believe Jesus' words in the Sermon on the Mount are for us today, we share no common ground to discuss doctrine.

Paul does not contradict Jesus! Rightly dividing means rightly interpreting so that the Scriptures are in harmony with one another. This is the life work of my friend who has the questions about Hebrews, harmonizing the Scriptures. He has been able to harmonize Paul's epistles, but not Hebrews (as yet).

I hope I am not confusing people with references to my TWO friends. One is a believer, the other is struggling with doubt. God loves them both and is working in their lives! Some of the comments here have been quite judgmental.

I wish we could discuss the specific questions I brought up in Hebrews on this thread. There are plenty of other threads to discuss doctrinal disputes, salvation, etc.