View Single Post
Old 04-21-2009, 11:45 PM

Re: " Texts Preserved By God "

Quote:
Originally Posted by boaz212 View Post
I found the link to Edward F. Hill's book while searching for informations my friend is looking for. Maybe this link will be a blessing to someone else too.

http://www.biblebelievers.com/KJV_Defended_Hills.html

One question he had was "How do you know the text which KJB was based on is preserved by God?"
I haven't had time to read Edward Hill's book yet. But can anyone explain to me in simple terms how do we know the texts they were using to translate the KJB were preserved by God? Thanks for your help.

Aloha brother boaz212,

I have a short 7 part study on the King James Bible that I originally made in 1973, and which I have taught in several churches and homes, that will back up everything that brother Tony has testified to here on the Forum.

If you care to check it out you will find it on my web site in the following link:

http://www.thywordistruthkjv.com/kingjamesbible.htm

Just a word of caution: I have been a AV1611 (King James Bible) believer for over 40 years and from 1968 - 1988 I probably spent close to 12,000 to 15,000 hours studying this issue. In all of that time I never convinced a single Christian about the question of "Which Bible" with academic arguments about the history of "the Texts of the New & Old Testaments"; the history of "the transmission of the Text of the Bible"; "the manuscript Evidence"; or my "knowledge of church history".

I have found that the two most effective things that have "convinced" those Christians who are genuinely searching for God's Holy words have been:

#1. "The Internal Evidence" - That is, what does God have to say about His word, as recorded in the King James Bible.

#2. "A Verse by Verse Comparison" - of modern versions with the King James Bible in many of the most obvious places where they (the modern versions) differ (sometimes radically) from the King James Bible.

If a Christian is truly looking for "the Scripture of truth", the Holy Spirit will use these two areas and convince them of the truth, regardless of how much time they may spend, or how much knowledge they may have about those other areas.

And if the "internal Evidence" and the "Verse Comparison's" don't "convince" them of the truth - all of the "intellectual" and "academic" attempts to convince them with the all of those other things will not convince them - no matter how long you have studied the issue out; and no matter how hard you may try to persuade them with the knowledge you may attain.

For approximately 20 years (from 1968-1988), I spent far too much time studying ABOUT the Bible and not enough time studying the Bible itself. In your search for the truth about the "Which Bible" issue, try to maintain a "BALANCE" between the two pursuits.