View Single Post
Old 04-21-2009, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boaz212 View Post
I found the link to Edward F. Hill's book while searching for informations my friend is looking for. Maybe this link will be a blessing to someone else too.

http://www.biblebelievers.com/KJV_Defended_Hills.html

One question he had was "How do you know the text which KJB was based on is preserved by God?"
I haven't had time to read Edward Hill's book yet. But can anyone explain to me in simple terms how do we know the texts they were using to translate the KJB were preserved by God? Thanks for your help.
Tim, the texts, versions, commentaries, etc., for the OT and the NT that forms the basis for the KJV were scattered, and I don't mean randomly, but PROLIFERATED all over 3 continents and is present in over 5000 Greek and 8000 Latin manuscipts.

The corrupted Alexandrian text is 45 manuscripts largely localized to the area of Egypt. John Burgon and others have stated rather dogmatically and based on their scholarship that the Alexandrian manuscripts and readings can be traced to ONE AUTHOR, Origen.

We have here a seeming paradox: Majority Text manuscripts are "late" in age but in the thousands. Alexandrian manuscripts are "early" but less than 50. Why?

The Alexandrian manuscripts were never used. They were rejected.

The Majority text was written on cheap materials that favored their reproduction into the thousands. They wore out and were replaced. The Alexandrian were written on expensive animal skins but never copied. Why is there not 10,000 manuscripts for the Alexandrian to "compete" with the Majority/ Byzantine text if the Alexandrian is the "correct original"?

1Co 14:33 For God is not the author of confusion, but of peace, as in all churches of the saints.
Joh 2:16 And said unto them that sold doves, Take these things hence; make not my Father’s house an house of merchandise.
2Pe 2:3 And through covetousness shall they with feigned words make merchandise of you: whose judgment now of a long time lingereth not, and their damnation slumbereth not.
1Ti 6:10 For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows.

I may have Hill's book as a pdf or text file, if I do I will email it to you.

Grace and peace brother.

Tony