View Single Post
Old 04-11-2009, 10:18 AM

Fredoheaven also said

Quote:

In Ezek. 12 refers to Lucifer when he was not yet cast off. There was all there "full of wisdom and beauty" etc. "Now we see a change. The Bible says God will cast Satan out, but does not specify when. " I guess what the Lord God cast was not Satan, it was the annointed cherub referring to Lucifer. The name of Satan in the Bible never refers to the one decsribe in Ezek. 12, though I believe that Lucifer was named later as Satan by virtue of his casting down.
Now you are arguing that Lucifer is not Satan? First, Lucifer is mentioned in Isa 14:12, not Ezekiel.

Isa 14:12 How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations! 13 For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north: 14 I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High. 15 Yet thou shalt be brought down to hell, to the sides of the pit.

The name Lucifer has been associated with Satan for centuries. I am amazed how you and Chette disregard any scripture that contradicts this gap theory.

And notice how verse Isa 14:15 says "yet thou shalt" be brought down to hell, which shows this is going to be a future event.

This matches Rev 12 perfectly.

Rev 12:7 And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels, 8 And prevailed not; neither was their place found any more in heaven. 9 And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.

Rev 12 is future. And there is no mistaking that the scripture is clearly speaking of the Devil and Satan. He is also called the old serpent which identifies him as the serpent in the Garden of Eden in Gen 3.

Satan's fall is also described in Rev. 9.

Rev 9:1 And the fifth angel sounded, and I saw a star fall from heaven unto the earth: and to him was given the key of the bottomless pit. 2 And he opened the bottomless pit; and there arose a smoke out of the pit, as the smoke of a great furnace; and the sun and the air were darkened by reason of the smoke of the pit. 3 And there came out of the smoke locusts upon the earth: and unto them was given power, as the scorpions of the earth have power.

How do we know this is Satan?, from Rev 9:11

Rev 9:11 And they had a king over them, which is the angel of the bottomless pit, whose name in the Hebrew tongue is Abaddon, but in the Greek tongue hath his name Apollyon.

Locusts do not have a king as ants have a queen. But these dreadful locusts have a king identified as Abaddon and Apollyon.

The definition of Abaddon is:

Abaddon = "destruction"

1) ruin

2) destruction

3) the place of destruction

4) the name of the angel-prince of the infernal regions, the minister of death and the author of havoc on the earth

The definition of Apollyon is:

Apollyon = "Destroyer"

1) the angel of the bottomless pit, the Destroyer

Isa 14:16 They that see thee shall narrowly look upon thee, and consider thee, saying, Is this the man that made the earth to tremble, that did shake kingdoms; 17 That made the world as a wilderness, and destroyed the cities thereof; that opened not the house of his prisoners?

Here we see Lucifer made the world as a wilderness and destroyed the cities thereof. So Lucifer clearly qualifies as a destroyer. It says he made the world as a wilderness, no man has ever destroyed the world yet. So he is a great destroyer. This matches up with Rev 9 easily.

Last edited by Winman; 04-11-2009 at 10:31 AM.