View Single Post
Old 03-31-2009, 11:07 AM

Location: Colorado, a beautiful state with four distinct seasons; sometimes in the same day!
Default God's book - the King James Bible

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Haifley View Post
I believe that God, Himself, was involved in the translation of the King James Version, but I don't believe that He is limited to one language. ... God did not promise that He would give the Bible in one language and then everyone must come to that language. He promised to preserve it, but He also promised to give it to the whole world.

Thanks for considering my thoughts.
Hi Daniel. If you are talking about a complete, inspired and inerrant Bible, then do you actually know of any other Bible in any language that you also consider to be the complete and inerrant words of God? If so, could you please tell us where we can get a copy of it so we can compare it to our King James Bible to see the differences and similarities?

By the way, where did God ever promise to give a perfect and inerrant Bible to anybody, let alone to the whole world? Do you have that verse handy for us?

I know that Christ said the gospel of the kingdom would be preached in the whole world, but where do we have any promise from God about a complete, inerrant and inspired Bible being given to anyone?

Are you sure you are getting your thinking from the Book or are you just following what has been referred to as "the wisdom of men"?

Thanks,

Will Kinney