View Single Post
Old 03-25-2009, 06:41 PM

Location: Colorado, a beautiful state with four distinct seasons; sometimes in the same day!
Default Preserved words of God, inerrant Bible?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Haifley View Post
I am an avid KJV supporter. I believe in the verbal, plenary inspiration of the scriptures. I also believe that God is not limited to one language (English is not the language of heaven-Americans are not the chosen). He can inspire in 18 languages at one time -if He so chooses, ie. Acts 2.
Hi Daniel. I agree with you that God COULD inspire His word in 18 languages. However, do you know of any other language where He has done so? If you really believe the King James Bible is the inspired and inerrant words of God, do you honestly know of any other Bible in any other language that is also the complete, inspired and inerrant words of God? If so, could you please tell us where we can find such a copy and so be able to compare it to what we have in the King James Bible.

Otherwise it seems to me that your are fudging the definitions of complete, verbal and inerrant. I agree that the simple gospel can be found in any bible in any language that is out there in the world. But this does not make them the complete and inerrant words of God. Inspiration and inerrancy go far beyond just the few words about the death, burial and resurrection of our Lord and Saviour as preached in Acts 2.

Thank you for your thoughts,

Will K