View Single Post
Old 02-04-2008, 08:48 PM
fundy

Default Well said...

These are points that critics of the KJV always have trouble with. By critics, I am talking about Christians...not non-believers.

It amazes me that a Christian can accept that his bible has errors within its pages.As far as the many and varied Alexandrian derived bibles are concerned, that would be correct, but Personally, I am very intollerant of that view when it is applied to the KJV and will not beat around the bush with a soft reply.

As the Christian critic usually points to "the originals" as the only place where Gods word was recorded perfectly ,I ask if he or anyone he has ever heard of ever seen an original manuscript...the answer is obviously going to be "no".

So, with no originals to compare with, how can anyone know where and what these mistakes are? Was John3:16 in the originals? What about John 14:6?

If it is certain that mistakes exist in the Bible, why are they still there after so many reprints and revisions? Would anybody buy and use a street directory if they knew that there were mistakes and errors in the street names and locations?? No, of course not, so why use a Bible that had admitted errors within its pages??

How can a man stand up to preach on a subject as important as eternal security, for example, if he thinks that the book he is preaching from cannot be trusted???

Mat 7:25 And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell not; for it was founded upon a rock.