Thread: Dr. Ruckman
View Single Post
Old 03-11-2008, 08:07 PM
jerry

Scripturally, we have every right and responsibility to test Ruckman and his writings by the Word of God. The holy men of God that He used in the Bible didn't go around calling people ungodly names and slandering them - when they called someone something it was because they WERE being fools, or hypocrites, etc. - whereas Ruckman resorts to name calling. Plus, he also slanders those who do not stand where he stands - though who may be just as strong (or moreso) in defending the Bible.

What IF God is using Ruckman? I choose to separate from his ungodliness, as the Bible commands me to. You can do whatever you want with him.

2 Thessalonians 3:6 Now we command you, brethren, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye withdraw yourselves from every brother that walketh disorderly, and not after the tradition which he received of us.

2 Thessalonians 3:14 And if any man obey not our word by this epistle, note that man, and have no company with him, that he may be ashamed.

In light of what I know about Ruckman, I choose to have no company (fellowship) with him - and that includes his writings. He has discredited himself in my sight - and I have no desire to read someone who wings it in their theology, even if they state it is their opinion - an opinion that doesn't line up with the Word of God is worthless and unsafe.