View Single Post
Old 02-14-2009, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chette777 View Post
Maybe, the teaching you have received must have taught you all people are judged at the great white throne judgement.
Not at all, the Holy Spirit didn't teach me that.

Quote:
OK how many resurrections are found in the NT?
You missed one of the clearest resurrections, which was the OT saints who came out of their graves after Christ arose in Matthew 27:52-53.

So that would make it 4 distinctly separate resurrections you believe in the NT apart from the 1st & 2nd resurrections in Revelation.
Quote:
So how can you say you only see two resurrections? one for the Saved and one for the Unsaved? Dead and Living? Living people are not resurrected anywhere in the Bible only dead people. 2Tim 2 STUDY
No, you misunderstand me. The 2 resurrections are not for the "Dead and Living", they are for the "Quick and the Dead". You need to study 2 Tim 4:1

2 Timothy 4:1 I charge thee therefore before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, who shall judge the quick and the dead at his appearing and his kingdom;

You keep talking about "living saints" being resurrected, yet I havn't said that. The "quick" are those who are made alive in Christ spiritually (Ephesians 2:1-6), which include the OT saints who were all physically dead, the church age saints who are with the Lord now and will be resurrected soon, and the saints who die during the Trib. These 3 groups of saints make up the 1st resurrection, they happen in their own order, with Christ being the "firstfruits" according to the 1 Corithinans verses I have given you:

1 Corinthians 15:23 But every man in his own order: (1) Christ the firstfruits; (2) afterward they that are Christ's at his coming. 24 (3) Then cometh the end, when he shall have delivered up the kingdom to God, even the Father; when he shall have put down all rule and all authority and power.

Brother, if you choose to dismiss this teaching, fine, but I'm sticking with it. On the one hand I'm weary of discussing these doctrines with you, knowing that you depart from the orthodox Bible believing views of the Book of Revelation, eg. denying that the Bride of Christ is the Church, etc. Yet on the other hand it's good for me to revisit what I believe and have it reinforced. So I thank you for that.