Thread: Inspired?
View Single Post
Old 01-24-2009, 09:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephanos View Post
All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: (2 Timothy 3:16 KJV)

The words of the LORD are pure words: as silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times. Thou shalt keep them, O LORD, thou shalt preserve them from this generation for ever. (Psalms 12:6-7 KJV)

The words of the LORD are pure words: as silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times. (Psalms 12:6 KJV)

And since the KJB is a purification of the Word's which God promised that He Himself would preserve, the KJB contains the same authority as the words that were originally put down by the holy men who spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost (2 Peter 1:21).
I understand the idea of preservation but was asking more how it was also inspired. Saying the originals were inspired and the KJV continued as the preserved Word makes since but some say (at least the way I was raised) that it was also inspired which does not make sense. I wanted to know if it is inspired and if it is how we know that.