View Single Post
Old 01-18-2009, 11:07 PM

Default Re: "The King Job Bible"

Quote:
Originally Posted by bibleprotector View Post
People who speak the truth without personally understanding it, or do so out of wrong motives (e.g. pride) are speaking truth but darkening counsel.

"The one preach Christ of contention, not sincerely, supposing to add affliction to my bonds" (Phil. 1:16).

The answer:

"What then? notwithstanding, every way, whether in pretence, or in truth, Christ is preached; and I therein do rejoice, yea, and will rejoice." (Phil. 1:18).

That is why I think that God said that Elihu spoke without knowledge, and that his was a rebuke against his motives, not against the actual content of his speech.

Aloha bibleprotector,

When God spoke in Job 38:1 He was neither addressing Elihu or referring TO Elihu. Check out what I said about the verses:

Quote:
For instance: Elihu said: "Job hath spoken without knowledge, and his words were without wisdom." Was he right or not? Let's see what God has to say:
Job 38:1
Then the LORD answered Job out of the whirlwind, and said,
2 Who is this that darkeneth counsel by words without knowledge?

WHO
was God "answering"? God was "answering" Job (for some of the things that Job said previously.) - God wasn't "addressing" Elihu, He was addressing" ("answering") Job!
Job 38:1 Then the LORD answered Job out of the whirlwind, and said,
The address is to Job and is in regards to some of the things Job said previously. Job understood that God was referring to his (Job's) words - NOT Elihu's words, for God instantly goes into a lengthy discourse on "knowledge" and Job's lack thereof - (not Elihu's).

Job 40:1 Moreover the LORD answered Job, and said,
Just to make sure that we don't confuse the issue and think that God was referring to Elihu in Job 38:2, God says the SAME THING AGAIN, and Elihu is certainly not being addressed or being referred to in Job 40:1.

Job 40:2 Shall he that contendeth with the Almighty instruct him? he that reproveth God, let him answer it.
WHO is God speaking about ("he" & "him")? Certainly NOT Elihu! God is talking about Job - Just like He was in Job 38:1-3.

Job 40:3 Then Job answered the LORD, and said,
Behold, I am vile; what shall I answer thee? I will lay mine hand upon my mouth.
Once have I spoken; but I will not answer: yea, twice; but I will proceed no further.

Please notice: Job didn't make the mistake in thinking that God was referring to Elihu. He "confesses" - that he (Job) is "vile" and that he is going to shut-up! ("
Once have I spoken; but I will not answer: yea, twice; but I will proceed no further.")

Job 40:
6 Then answered the LORD unto Job out of the whirlwind, and said,
Gird up thy loins now like a man: I will demand of thee, and declare thou unto me.
Wilt thou also disannul my judgment? wilt thou condemn me, that thou mayest be righteous?

Notice the address to Job again: (just to make sure that we don't confuse WHO is being spoken to, and WHO is being referred to.) God says the SAME THING AGAIN (for the third time), and Elihu is certainly NOT being addressed or being referred to in Job 40:6. {Please notice the "thou" (Job 40:6-8) in reference to Job (NOT Elihu). How many more times does God have to repeat something before we get understanding?}

What does Elihu have to do with God's admonishing, reproving, and rebuking Job in all of the above verses? The whole discourse between Job 38:1 to Job 42:5 is between God and Job. The whole discourse is in reference to Job - NOT Elihu. Elihu doesn't enter into "the mix" one time.

Elihu is getting a "bum rap" and unless someone can PROVE that he was "wrong" or "presumptuous" (Not speculate, conjecture, suppose, or hypothesis that he was) I am going to continue to defend him and not "suspect" him of something that cannot be proved!