View Single Post
Old 12-22-2008, 07:45 AM

In response to BrianT.

I said that the KJB is right. It has "heaven" in Genesis 1:1. Therefore "heaven" is correct, because it is self-consistent, objectively true and true upon internal, external and holistic examination. The highest argument is the self-consistent one, which you deride as "circular reasoning". If the KJB is not self-authenticating, then the doctrine of KJBO would explode. But it doesn't.

Quote:
I am not saying the KJV is in error here, I am challenging the idea that the NKJV must be in error for translating a plural as a plural.
If you challenge truth with something different, it must be an error. There are not two different truths. You are really saying that your present unauthoritative knowledge is that the Hebrew means "heavens". You seem pretty dogmatic for someone who does not claim authority.

Quote:
As for you spending time bashing modern versions, you yourself started this entire discussion on Gen 1:1 by saying "The NKJV already messes up Genesis 1:1..."
That was one spark I made: "Even so the tongue is a little member, and boasteth great things. Behold, how great a matter a little fire kindleth!" (James 3:5).

I am certain that you are applying a false meaning to the Hebrew today that did not exist there in the distant past, not only in Genesis 1:1 (despite whether or not the "exact same Hebrew is translated as 'heavens' in dozens of places in the KJV"), but in regards to your view of every word... you judge the correctness or error of the KJB on a PRESENT KNOWLEDGE CONSTRUCT which appeals to a hermetical "Hebrew" as a matter of course, and to various sources as convenient.

The ultimate reason why an anti-KJBO person cannot identify where the exact Word of God is perfectly present in a definitive form on Earth today, is because they believe that error is in power.

Yes, error is a power, and it is used of God (e.g. Joel 2:25) but there is a higher law. That is why the King James Bible is able to be supersuccessionary in history. This is because of God’s “goodwill”. His counsel, providence and superintendence is for the revelation of knowledge, not for the enthroning of mystery.

The Scripture says, "Now as Jannes and Jambres withstood Moses, so do these also resist the truth: men of corrupt minds, reprobate concerning the faith. But they shall proceed no further: for their folly shall be manifest unto all men, as theirs also was." (2 Tim. 3:8, 9).