View Single Post
Old 12-17-2008, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bro. Parrish View Post
Sorry I had to take a break there,
let me pick it up again with the last statement I made above, and I need to correct something I wrote with the following which I believe is a better statement with regard to the dispensation...

Christ was drawing a contrast between those who simply cry out God's name, and those who have DONE GOD'S WILL, by trusting God's plan for atonement... (His blood had not yet been shed)

So in Matthew 7, Christ shows us that even very religious people (actually false prophets in this context) who THINK they are saved, must submit to God's plan of salvation. In this Age of Grace today, they must submit to the Gospel. (Romans 10:3)

Okay, sorry I hope that's clear...
Those were some good scripture references you gave with some sound exhortation, Brother. I actually asked William the question to stimulate some study. I think a lot of Christians could not give an answer to the "works" oriented folks who distort the words "Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven."

I also like:
John 6:40 And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.