View Single Post
Old 12-14-2008, 05:55 AM

Default Bingo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fundy View Post
Obviously, Bible readers all over the world were getting confused because they didnt understand what an "oak" tree was,so, to avoid any further confusion the translators used the much more modern and commonly used word "terebinth"

Changing (oops,I mean "updating") a few words here and there also helps with the copywright and subsequent cashflow from sales of a particular version of "Gods word"

fundy
Well put fundy.

They sure did clear that "Oak" problem up, now hundreds of lumber store employees/furniture makers can rest easy.

That is just another example/reason that I sent my copy of the NKJV back to the publisher...

---- ---- ------ ------ ----- ------ -------- ------- --------

speaking of clearing things up--- {by adding mud}... Has anyone seen/read a copy of "The New English Bible", which came out of Scotland in about the 1970's..? Oy Vey... the way they twist things around in order to "make it easier to read" could best be compared to a printed pretzel. The AV may have been done centuries ago, but it still is able to be memorized much easier than these Modern Translations.