Thread: Rev. 22:19
View Single Post
Old 12-13-2008, 12:48 PM
TimV

Quote:
And review all the verses yourself. However, since you have shown us no fundamental interest in the purity and accuracy of the Bible text (refusing to even say what version you read and respect) I tend to doubt that you will see much.
Why would I want to hide something like that? Dude, I'm a member in good standing in the Orthodox Presbyterian Church, I post under my name and have posted my work website, and hold to WCF 1.8

Quote:
The Old Testament in Hebrew (which was the native language of the people of God of old), and the New Testament in Greek (which at the time of the writing of it was most generally known to the nations), being immediately inspired by God, and by his singular care and providence kept pure in all ages, are therefore authentical
and my position is that of the overwhelming majority of Protestant Christians. That God would and did preserve His Word, but not necessarily in the King James Bible of 1611 word for word. I use a dozen bibles, with my favorite two probably the ESV and Geneva.

Friend, I'm sorry to break this to you, but you are a part of a teeny, tiny minority, not me. I love reading theology, and I do it in 6 languages. It's just recently that I've found out about your school of though, and I've been researching it, hopefully with an open mind. I have begun reading some of your school's literature, but most of my reading has been, of necessity (since the vast majority of people who write theology are not of your school) been from people you seem to think have no fundamental interest in the purity and accuracy of the Bible text.

I am honestly trying to understand your position. I do not hold to it at this time, and why on earth you think I am so cowardly that I would want to hide this from you, or the versions of the Bible I read is beyond me.