View Single Post
Old 12-11-2008, 11:51 PM
Bro. Parrish

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianT View Post
Combining these concerns with the posts directed personally at me in this thread, I must ask: if some of you consider me a "heretick" for not accepting KJV-onlyism, does that mean some of you consider being KJV-only a requirement of salvation?
I think we can all agree that people who have entire websites and/or forums dedicated to teaching "an inerrant Bible has never existed" can be stumbling blocks to salvation. If you were a new convert who was merely asking questions out of ignorance that would be one thing, but your site attacks our KJV views 24/7/365, gets an average of 1427 views per day, and seems to provide a public platform for hundreds of sarcastic KJV critics. I think this is exactly what is causing the negativity you are getting here, because many of us find that notion to be an offensive and dangerous false teaching, and you seem to do it as a routine event, like eating Corn Flakes.

For many here, spreading the idea of teaching God-thirsty people their Bible contains errors is kind of like handing out crack at an elementary school, only worse because of the long term spiritual impact it can have on trusting people who seek Truth. It's the exact opposite of everything this forum stands for.

As you move from thread to thread, and attempt to "blend in," your leaven goes with you, and although you may have decent intentions, the idea of you questioning and talking about the "problems" you have with a pro-KJV member's post (as you are attempting to do here) is as senseless and absurd as a screen door on a submarine. I think it's sad that someone in your position can't see the harm in what you do. What is your denomination?

Last edited by Bro. Parrish; 12-12-2008 at 12:01 AM.