View Single Post
Old 12-11-2008, 12:43 PM
BrianT

Hi Forrest,

Quote:
Brian, I'm really attempting to discover what you are thinking.
I am trying to determine the logical conclusions of the original post.

Quote:
Simple questions. Do you have a single resource for authoritative, sound, Biblical doctrine? Yes or no.
Already asked and answered, and discussed ad nauseum, in the other thread. Let's keep this thread on topic.

George said:
Quote:
I am answerable to God as to whether I rightly divided the word of truth or not...If I am wrong on a particular doctrine God will not "approve" of my teaching.
When you are wrong, even though you were well intentioned and though you were guided by the Holy Spirit to a particular conclusion, are you a "heretick"?

Quote:
Your second point is specious
I disagree. If two people, reading the same King James Bible and both believing the Holy Spirit lead them into all truth, arrive at different conclusions about pretrib/posttrib, eternal security, Trinity, validity of tongues today, women deacons, head-coverings, baptism's effect on salvation, gap theory, open/closed communion, birth control, wine, eternal Sonship, tithing, and/or at least one of a hundred other doctrines, doesn't the original post imply that at least one of them is a "heretick"?